What is Juvéderm?
Used for skin rejuvenation, Juvéderm® is a non-surgical wrinkle removal gel. Juvéderm is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Your medical professional eases Juvéderm injectable gel under the skin to provide a smooth, natural look and feel.
Studies show superior results of Juvéderm compared to a collagen-based dermal filler. Almost 90% of all study volunteers who were treated with both Juvéderm injectable gel and another dermal filler preferred Juvéderm. In addition, Juvéderm injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is proven to be safe and effective for persons of color.
The Juvéderm injection process takes only about 15 minutes and results are immediate. There is minimal recovery or downtime. So you can step into your doctor’s office for treatment and step right back into your life.
Benefits of Juvéderm Injectable Gel
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers such as Juvéderm injectable gel provide a safe and effective nonsurgical option for smoothing facial wrinkles and folds. In fact, they are the fastest growing nonsurgical aesthetic procedure in the United States according to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. But all dermal fillers are not the same.
If you are interested in being treated with this nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment option, you should know the advantages of Juvéderm injectable gel:
- Juvéderm is a “next-generation,” non-animal dermal filler that is made from hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance that plays a vital role in hydrating your skin and replenishing its natural volume. No allergy skin tests are needed prior to receiving treatment.
- Advanced technology for long-lasting results: Juvéderm’s unique manufacturing process provides the highest concentration of cross-linked hyaluronic acid of any currently available hyaluronic acid dermal filler for long-lasting results. This advanced manufacturing process also creates a smooth consistency gel that flows consistently and easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel. Juvéderm is the only filler available with this smooth consistency gel formulation; other existing hyaluronic acid fillers are made of granular consistency gels.
- Proven safety and effectiveness: Juvéderm is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has demonstrated its safety and effectiveness in persons of color.
- Quick and easy procedure: Juvéderm injectable gel is a nonsurgical physician-administered treatment that requires no allergy skin test and minimal recovery or downtime.
- Personalized treatment: Juvéderm injectable gel is available in two formulations so that treatment can be tailored to meet your unique needs:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC, a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and wrinkles.