EltaMD™ is founded on the belief that the responsible and innovative application of medical expertise and science will change the way medically-dispensed skin care products treat people.
The EltaMD sun care line includes a complete spectrum of sun care products, one for every skin type and unique need. EltaMD skin care products focus on providing safe, effective skin care that includes deep, gentle cleansing and intense moisturizing for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin. They are an excellent adjunct to laser and other skin treatments and provide superior protection while your skin recovers.
EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41
- SPF 41 with 9% zinc oxide and 7% titanium dioxide
- chemical-free, natural mineral UV protection
- oil-free, Paraben-free, and fragrance free
- ideal for very sensitive skin and for children’s skin
- is absorbed quickly and can be used on the face and body
- antioxidants for neutralizing free radicals to help prevent sun damage
- lightly tinted.
EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50
- SPF 50 with 9% zinc oxide
- won’t rinse off in water or drip into eyes and sting when you sweat
- can be applied to wet or dry skin
- great for swimmers, runners, golfers, skiers, and all outdoor activities
- safe for use with children
- very water-resistant.
- unique crème that melts quickly and spreads easily
- formulated for night-time use
- soothes irritation, redness, and flaking sometimes caused by medications such as Retin-A®
- safe to use around the eyes
- non-comedogenic, fragrance-free.
What You Should Know About the Sun
- The sun causes 90% of all skin cancers.
- Overcast days are not much safer than those that are sunny, as 70-80% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays can get through the clouds.
- The sun is about 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow.
- The sun’s rays increase in intensity about 4% for every 1,000-foot rise in altitude.
- It’s better to play or engage in sports before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. If that’s not possible, try to avoid being out at high noon.
- The sun weakens the immune system, reducing your defense against infection.
- In general, kids can get all the vitamin D they need for strong bones from fortified milk, salmon, vitamin supplements, and/or brief, casual sun exposure.